1.- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are activity files that allow TENDAM to know your activity as a user and customer, and they aim to establish metrics about the use thereof and the most visited contents, commonly known as "the user experience".
2.- TYPES OF COOKIES.
According to different classification criteria, cookies can be classified into the following types:
According to the cookie issuer:
- Own cookies: These are cookie files sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain managed by the editor (TENDAM, in this case) from which the service requested by the user is rendered.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookie files sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the cookie's life cycle:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser's cookie file until you leave the website, so none of them are registered on the user's hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyse website traffic patterns. In the long run, this allows us to provide a better experience to improve content and make it more user friendly.
- Permanent cookies: These are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them every time you make a new visit. A permanent cookie has a set expiry date. The cookie will stop working after that date. We generally use them to facilitate buying and registration services.
According to the purpose for which the cookies are used:
- Technical cookies: They allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist within it, such as, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering elements included in an order, completing the purchasing process of an order, carrying out a request for subscription or participating of an event, using security elements during browsing, saving content for the dissemination of video or audio, or sharing content on social media.
- Personalization cookies: Cookies that allow the user to access the service with a number of predefined general characteristics, according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of web browser used to access the service, the regional configuration used to access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow those responsible to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the website's users. Information collected through these types of cookies is used to measure activity on a website, application, or platform, and to create browser profiles of users of such websites, applications, and platforms, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the usage data for service users.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the most effective management of any advertising spaces the editor may have in a website, app or platform from which the requested services are provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow the most effective management of any advertising spaces the editor may have in a website, app or platform from which the requested services are provided. These cookies store information about user behaviour obtained via continuous observation of browsing habits, making it possible to develop a specific profile for showing advertising based on this. A cookie may also be installed in your browser when visiting a website or opening an email containing an advertisement or promotion about our products or services. These cookies are programmed to show you advertising related to your search and monitor our related ads, e.g. the number of times they are seen, where they appear, at what time they are seen, etc.
3.- LIST OF COOKIES USED:
In our settings options you can check the list of cookies that are installed, as well as their basic features.
4.- OUR RECOMMENDATION.
If you wish, you can disable our own cookies. However, if you do so, some features may not be executed correctly and browsing may be more difficult. So, we recommend you leave them activated and, only if you so wish, delete them when you leave the Platform.
- (i) Through the cookie settings panel displayed at each login: You can accept by checking the OK box shown in the information banner at the top of the website, or in the cookie settings, by checking the type of cookies you wish to accept. By doing so, you will be expressing your consent for us to host and use the types of cookies we have described in the previous section, on the device you are browsing from.
- (ii)Through browser settings: Furthermore, wherever technically possible and effective, you can accept the processing of cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
B. How to delete cookies after browsing our Platforms.
If you are using Google Chrome, go to the "Delete browsing data" option via the "History" menu. A pop-up menu will appear where you can select which information you want to delete, including cookies.
If you are using Firefox, go to the "Clear History" option via the "History" menu. A pop-up menu will appear where you can select which information you want to delete, including cookies.
If you are using Internet Explorer, go to the "Delete browsing history" option through the "Tools" menu. A pop-up menu will appear where you can select which information you want to delete, including cookies.
If you are using the Android Chrome browser, go to the "Security and privacy" option through the "Settings" menu. A pop-up menu will appear where you can select which information you want to delete, including cookies.
As you can see, the process is very similar in all browsers, so if you are using a browser other than those listed here, it should not be difficult to find the delete cookie data function. You can also configure your system to delete all cookies automatically at the end of each browsing session.
C. How to disable cookies before browsing our websites.
If you still want to disable cookies after reading the above recommendation, you can set your computer or device to not store our cookies. Below we explain how to do this:
If you are using Google Chrome, go to the "Customize and control Google Chrome" menu (usually in the upper right corner, just to the right of the address bar), click on the "Show advanced options" link and click on the "Content settings" option. You will see the options available for cookies.
If you are using Firefox, go to the "Tools" menu (usually on the menu bar, just above the address bar), click on "Options" and click on the "Privacy" tab. You will see the available options.
If you are using Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" menu (normally in the upper right corner, just to the right of the navigation tabs), click on "Internet Options" and, in the pop-up menu, click on the "Security" tab. You can choose one of the security levels set by Microsoft or customize your own security level.
If you are using the Android Chrome browser, go to the "Settings" menu (normally in the upper right corner, just beside the button for opening a new tab), click on the "Security and privacy" option and, in the pop-up menu, you can choose to accept cookies or not.
If you are using any other browser or platform, the process is very similar. You can find out more about each one in the help menus.
D. More information on the operation, use and management of cookies
In addition, with your browser, you can start a private browsing process so that your system does not store unwanted information on your hard drive.
You can even view all the cookies that your browser stores on your hard drive and, if you wish, delete them one by one. For example, if your operating system is Windows 7 and you use version 10 of the Internet Explorer browser, the cookies that this browser stores on your hard drive are usually located in the following path: C:\Users\[NombreUsuario]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\.
Finally, you should know that most browsers inform you of how to avoid accepting new cookies, how to get notifications when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies completely. If you want to know more about how cookies work, we recommend you consult the «help» section shown in the toolbars of your web browsers (e.g. if you press F1 on Windows computers, you will also access the help tool).
6.- AMENDMENT OF THE COOKIES POLICY.
TENDAM may unilaterally amend the Cookies Policy in the event of a change in the current legislation, jurisprudence or internal criteria. Any changes to this policy will be posted to this same web address.